We are extremely proud (and a bit humbled) to announce that Gartner have named Teamwork.com, one of their Cool Vendors 2015 in the Program and Portfolio Management Category.
Who are Gartner anyway?
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, they’re a very valuable partner to clients in over 9,100 distinct enterprises worldwide. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 6,600 associates, including more than 1,500 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries.
Well, what does this mean?
Well, it actually means an awful, awful lot to our business, believe it or not! As a small, fast-growing company that’s building an internationally focused business out of our home city in Cork, Ireland, having the world’s leading research organisation single you out as a cool company means a hell of a lot. It puts us on the radar of pretty much every big name company in the world who all recognize and trust Gartner as a source of intelligence and recommendations on who they should be working with. Since we’ve decided to focus exclusively on delivering for our customers, instead of hiring fancy, sweet talking salespeople to trick customers into signing up for something they don’t need, we rely entirely on word-of-mouth recommendations and referrals to grow our business.
Some things that Gartner liked about Teamwork.com
- “Teamwork Projects is a collaborative project management tool, with a comprehensive set of project management features”.
- “Unusually for an offering at this price-point, Teamwork includes the ability to manage project risks alongside the more usual features such as Gantt charts, tasks and milestones. It also provides a good range of out of the box reporting capabilities, including a single page, automated project status report that can then be emailed to project sponsors”. “The ability to thread together conversations about almost any item, including tasks, milestones, risks, time, invoice tracking, is something that clients really like, and allows teams to really work well together”.
- “A recently launched add-on, Teamwork Chat (in beta at the time of writing), provides real time messaging functionality, allowing even closer team collaboration by delivering an experience akin to other chat applications. The product supports iPhone, android and tablet access as well as multiple browsers”.
- “An open API allows integration to other services and will support creating additional custom mobile and web apps that access the Teamwork database”.
- “The solution is hosted on Amazon EC2 providing it with a robust infrastructure platform, and integration with a wide range of other commonly-used web-based applications such as Box, Dropbox, Google Apps, Harvest, etc. is available, a flexible approach allowing existing project-related content to be shared within the project”.
- Teamwork’s current features plus their price point when combined with a culture of continuous improvement (based on a publicly visible roadmap on the teamwork website that shows planned and newly completed functions) makes them a good choice for organizations that need an easy to use project management tool.
Thanks Gartner! It means a whole lot to us that you liked us. We’d go and celebrate except there’s work to be done! When you’re the power behind the world’s most productive companies, you can’t hang around!
To learn more about Teamwork Projects and how we can help you build a better business, check out our website here.
Do you like learning how to be more productive or collaborate better? Subscribe to the Teamwork.com High Performance Blog.